Building A Solid Nutritional Foundation Is
Vital To Your Overall Health
Nutritionists and doctors alike are beginning to discover that it doesn’t matter how old you are, whether you’re male or female, whether you have ailments or are as healthy as an ox…
You see, each and every day your body’s 63 trillion cells are constantly being bombarded by unstable molecules called “free radicals.”
Free radicals are responsible for many effects of aging. These unstable molecules lose electrons and “borrow” them from a healthy cell, destroying that cell in the process.
Then these electrons ricochet all over your body, damaging healthy cells from your bones, blood, skin, and even your internal organs. Free radicals eventually break into your cell membranes and destroy the DNA inside.
But There Is A Weapon Against Them…
The better you can protect your cells, the less these free radicals can damage them. And one of the best ways to protect them is through solid nutrition. But not just your ordinary garden-variety nutrition…
To combat the free radical chain, your body uses what’s called antioxidants. These naturally occurring compounds help prevent or delay oxidative damage to the body, cells and tissues. Antioxidants may inhibit the harmful effects of free radicals, which scientists believe may contribute to serious health challenges.
Now some antioxidants are well-known. You probably already get a lot of them if you eat a good well-balanced diet. For example:
- Vitamin C – Found in citrus fruits, broccoli, bell peppers, kale, cauliflower, green leafy vegetables
- Vitamin D – Found in salmon, tuna fish, milk, eggs, liver, beef, and even direct sunlight
- Beta carotene – Found in sweet potatoes, carrots, spinach, collard greens, squash
Other antioxidants are more concentrated, but a bit harder to come by. In fact, most people don’t get nearly enough of these. More to come…
- Understanding How Antioxidants Combat Free Radicals (infolific.com)
- Definition: Antioxidant (bellasugar.com)
- Six Everyday Vitamin Essentials For Your Body: Dr. Mao’s Wellness Living (smmirror.com)